Monday, July 17, 2006

Nazis and Bad Parenting

Last Friday I totally listened in on someone's conversation and then felt the need to add my two cents. The librarian was checking out books for the person in front of me in line and she told him that her husband was getting fitted for his nazi uniform. I hope this would perk up your ears as it did mine. She explained that it was for a play and that he kept getting bumped up in rank. She added a caveat (for no apparent reason) of "not that I have anything against nazis" and my mouth hit the floor. I immediately said "I do! I have a lot against the nazis." She looked surprised and then just went about her business. Luckily another librarian came up to help me.

A great line by a comedian on the radio program that I listened to this morning: "We aren't great parents, we aren't even good parents. When someone asks us if he is sleeping through the night we say 'as far as we know.'" I would love to use that line.

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

I would not put you at a Bob and Tom listener.

EZ Travel said...

I admit that for my whole commute (5 minutes on a bad traffic day) I listen to Bob and Tom in the morning. Unless they are doing a fart joke then I switch to whatever book I am listening to. But that only happens about three days out of five.

EZ Travel said...

I didn't realize that Bob and Tom were so ubiquitous. They are based in Indianapolis. The Toast song is by Heywood Banks and is very funny. I think my favorite song from their show is Beerrun.

All we need is a ten and a fiver, couple of keys, and a sober driver. B double-E double-R UN, beerrun.

Gretchen said...

Bob and Tom is something I catch occassionally on my Monday morning drives, I don't usually listen long as I'm not real into fart jokes. However, I did just happen to catch the comedian you mentioned which is how I knew you were listening to Bob and Tom.