Ain't all it is cracked up to be. I am in a Panera Bread using their WiFi for the price of a soda and a cookie. First, it is not all that fast; it's faster than mom's but than what isn't. Second, it blocked the damn YouTube site because it may contain objectionable material. Third, there is a crazy guy here--sucking up free WiFi for the price of a free glass of wate--telling me that my laptop is going to kill me every few minutes. We heard about the battery recall from Dell at the office last week and while I haven't checked to see if mine will catch fire and kill me, the first time I thanked him and kept working he should have shut the hell up. But he keeps feeling the need to say "if you want to die that's your business, I am just trying to help."
Oh well, I am headed back to mom's where the connection is slow but the company is better.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
McDonald's also has free wi-fi. Probably more crazy people though.
Our public library just got free wifi, that would definately be worth it.
I was in Borders the other day and saw a woman using a Dell laptop. Went up and said "You know, you're going to DIE using that." Then I explained what you said in your blog. She laughed and more importantly, I left her alone after that.
Only Uncle Tim would think about doing something like that... I'm glad my Dell battery isn't being recalled. Looks like I won't die from a battery fire!
Post a Comment