Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

What a great birthday! A group of friends from the university thought it would be a hoot to go the new casino near us to see it and have dinner. Hmmm, would I like to go with them to a casino? I guess you could drag me there. When they decided that Saturday would be a good day to do this and we lined up a babysitter for the boys, the wheels in my head started turning. I thought, I could get mom to come out and we could spend the night there and gamble on Sunday. But, alas, mom was not feeling up to driving all the way here. So my plan B was to spend the night on my own and have a friend come up on Sunday to gamble with me. Said friend was totally up for that plan so I brought it to Lyle and he OK'd it too. Then mom called back and said that Aunt Rita was willing to drive her here and spend the night with me. So here we are in a hotel room in Michigan City. We went to the new casino and gambled for a few hours and then I went to dinner.

070915



070915bAfter dinner (9pm) it was getting very crowded at the casino so we headed back to the hotel. I thought we would just hang out for a while but Aunt Rita had brought me a cake and a card and they just sang happy birthday to me. It was really sweet. I have the best family and friends in the whole world.

Tomorrow we will hit the Blue Chip and then head back to the new casino (Four Winds, ironically) before driving to our respective homes. Good times.

No comments: