Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

090115b8am -- It is an unreal -17 real temperature outside with a wind-chill of -25 degrees. The university cancelled classes last night due to the cold and they are closed today. I don't quite understand this logic since we tend to hold all of our classes indoors. We usually even let the clerical workers in when it is really cold. But there you are.

I had the roads to myself this morning. They are certainly icy, but not unmanagable at a reasonable speed (about 5mph was good). I did have a little trouble punching in the security code with my frozen fingers but now I can get some work done with no distractions.

8:15am -- Outlook just popped up to remind me of a 3.5 hour meeting I have scheduled at 8:30am. Woo hoo!! I won't be sorry to miss that one.

I had a very similar 3.5 hour meeting yesterday morning at 8:30am and this was my view out the window. It was hard to keep my mind on budgets.

No comments: