Saturday, September 05, 2009

Happily Ever After

The other night while Lyle and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, Lyle picked up something to cut the lovely little cake he bought for the occasion. I couldn't help but notice it was the same cake cutter that we used at our wedding 25 years ago. When I pointed it out, Lyle had no idea, he had just pulled the ONLY cake server thingy we have in the house. We don't do cake much.

But that gave me an idea. There were at least 5 things I could think of off the top of my head that we received as wedding/shower presents 25 years ago that we still have and use. So I am starting a series to highlight these items here. Complete with pictures; both from today and that far away time when we were a mere 20/21 years old (if I can find them).

The cake for our wedding was made by Lyle's lovely Aunt Vanessa. She did it as a wedding present for us and I think this was her first attempt at a wedding cake although she did a lot of cake decorating back then. As you can see below, it was beautiful. Notice the cake cutter/server (see I don't even know the right name for it) over on the left with a ribbon on it. Well the ribbon has not survived but the server has.
I also found this picture of Vanessa cutting the cake for us. You get a better shot of the cake server thingy, but notice that she is not using it. Maybe it was just for decoration. We must have used it for the cake cutting shot, because it is dirty. I am not sure if this was provided by Vanessa or if someone else brought it for us, but thanks! It is still be used and appreciated.

Don't worry, you will get to see our fresh, young, just married faces sometime during this series, just not in these shots. You have to keep a little mystery going.

1 comment:

Marcel said...

Great concept, keep it coming.