OK, OK I have no life beyond the boy. This is a Jackson story that just did not seem right for the Jackson page. On Friday of last week we decided to go out to eat (I know, you are shocked). So I picked Jackson up at daycare and came home to pick up Lyle. Normally, when I say we are going out to dinner, Jackson is very happy, but on that day he cried and said "I don wan go dinner" over and over and over. He was fine while we ate, but the whole drive to the restaurant was a sea of tears.

Cut to the next Sunday. Jackson sees Lyle's copy of The Economist (see right) sitting on the table and here is our conversation:
J: Who's dat?
E: That is an Iraqi man.
J: Why he cryin?
E: I guess he is sad.
Jackson thinks for a little while and then says
J: He not wan go dinner.
E: That's right, Jackson, I am sure that it what is making him sad.
1 comment:
That reminds me of Marisa when she was about three or so in Virginia. She would always cry when her Mommy went to work. We were at the museum and she saw a painting of a sad little girl and she said, she doesn't want her Mommy to go to work.
Post a Comment