Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Look at the Jack on Her

There were supposed to be pictures accompanying this text--sort of as proof--but alas the camera choose this morning to have its chip malfunction (don't worry I have more).

Anyway, the morning started off good. I got up early and did not wake up Jackson until 8am, so I had some nice peaceful time to myself. I got Jackson ready quickly and we were out the door by 8:25. By 8:30 we had made it all the way to the end of the alley and back again. I had a flat tire. I had heard Lyle's alarm go off earlier so I knew he would be up. He had a 9:00 meeting so he hustled to get ready and he took Jackson off to daycare. So by 8:45 I was outside figuring out how to change my tire. Luckily they put a cheat sheet on the wheel cover in the trunk and it was not hard to follow. I did have a moment of panic when I had trouble with the lugnuts, but I repositioned the wrench thing, put all my weight into it (who knew that was going to come in handy), and they came off just fine. I was done by 9:15 and by 9:30 I was sitting in the dealer waiting room with a donut and a Diet Pepsi. Hear me roar!

By 11:30 I was out of the dealer waiting room with $600 less to my name. I knew I was due for an oil change and some other routine maintenance so I plan to get it all done while I was there. Well, they came back and explained how something called a TAM was going to fall off the bottom of my car and kill me and that my brake fluid needed to be flushed and since I don't know any better I said "fix it" and charge me $600. I am such a girl.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Flashbacks of Vegas minus the sisters and the rain!

KathrynVH said...

Lugnuts! Steph, Adam and I were in the middle of nowhere with a flat and no cell phone bars. Steph and Adam and I each tried to loosen those lugnuts to no avail. Finally a good sameritan (a mom with a baby in the car, so we weren't worried she kill us--we were in the middle of nowhere--four cars in an hour) stopped and showed us how to stand on the wrench. Moral of the story, don't take the scenic route in the middle of the night. And you were at home--don't you have AAA? Best $44 I spend a year (except in the middle of nowhere).