Thursday, June 01, 2006

Not Inside

OK, here is my favorite quote of the day:

"So I've been making a concentrated effort to take Noah for a walk outside every day. I don't really enjoy it as much as you'd think, mostly because it is 1) outside, 2) not inside, and 3) full of nature." Amalah.com



I am not very good at outside stuff, I like my nature behind a fence and neatly labeled. The one and only time Lyle and I went camping on our own it was a complete disaster. Bill had given us a lesson in putting up the tent, but apparently we did not pay close enough attention. We probably thought at the time that we were two young, strong, intelligent people, how hard could it be? When we got to the campground (on the way to Chicago) we could not get that tent up to save our lives. We were sure that we were missing a pole or something, but when we got home and told Bill, he put the tent up (with just the poles that we had) in about 10 minutes, by himself.

I have been tolerating all of the outdoor stuff, the heat, the bugs only for Jackson. He is lucky I love him so much.

2 comments:

KathrynVH said...

How long ago was your camping experience? They have such wonderful tents now--really simple. However you can cure Jackson of ever wanting to go camping by doing one day camp at a place with only pit toilets. He will never want to go camping again (nor will you).

marty said...

You left out an important park of camping. You need to have a camping master.