A lot of things converged today and in the end, I baked. First, there were two rapidly browning bananas in the fruit bowl. I had often heard that browning bananas make the best banana bread but I don't own a bread pan. I recently saw some muffin sleeves (12 to be exact) in the cupboard and thought, I wonder if I have muffin pans. Today while getting some laundry out the dryer I saw some muffin pans under the table in the basement. Then to top it all off I had to use my oven today to make my lunch and so while it was already warm (a problem that has apparently doomed all of my past baking attempts--who knew pre-heating was important) I looked up a recipe for banana muffins. I noticed that the recipe called for an egg; I never have eggs in the house. But this morning when Jackson and I were out shopping he asked for eggs so I bought some, how about that for the planets aligning? So only a few days after nearly laughing Adrienne off the planet for even suggesting that I bake something; I baked something. They look great but they smell terrible. Of course, they smell like bananas so that immediately marks them off my list. I hope Jackson likes them.
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Have Jon taste test them, he's a eat anything kinda guy.
mmm...Muffins...
(drooling sounds)
I hope that you at least tasted one. They look delicious!
surprising what can be made when you have some eggs in the house
Post a Comment