Thursday, November 15, 2007
Trunk-ated
I have had a rough morning. I opened my trunk this morning to get out Jackson's winter coat so that Lyle could have it if he needed it today (the first really cold day in a long time). Then the trunk wouldn't close. There was nothing blocking the latches, they just did not seem to be lining up quite right. I could not get it to close. So I went back inside and got some string. It was dark and cold and I could not thread the string through the hole on the top of the trunk. So I went back inside for a needle. I pulled out the largest craft needle I could find, but I could not thread the thick string through it (I remember to bring the string in with me). So I pull out some cross-stitching thread and pulled that through the needle and went back outside. I was able to thread the holes I needed, but the thread (even 6-thick) was not able to hold and broke as soon as I tried to pull it taut. So I went back inside and got some packing tape. When I came back out it had started to rain. Great! Pretty much the only thing I have in the trunk is some old clothes of Jackson's waiting to go to Goodwill, so I pulled out an old, small pair of sweat pants and tried to dry small sections of the trunk so I could apply the tape. I got two pieces on each end and it seemed to be holding so I got in the car and took off. I heard the tape let go a little bit with each bump and then at the railroad tracks it popped up completely. Ugh! I got to work and pushed the tape back down (it had started to snow) and came upstairs. If anyone notices that my trunk is only held shut with tape they are welcome to the old clothes. They won't be able to climb into the passenger part of the car given the configuration of the carseat so I don't have that worry. As soon as something is open I will call to see if I can get the damn thing fixed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was Nov. 15, is there any progress since then? What held the hinges open? Do you not have duct tape? Anxious to know.
Post a Comment