Monday, November 26, 2007

Update

Sorry I left you all hanging there. I called the dealer and they told me that I could drop it off and they would look at it when they could, but I was not interested in that. So I called a local place that we have used in the past and they told me I could just swing by and they would take a look. So I swung by, the guy fiddled with it, and then it worked. He tried to open it up again with the key fob and it made a horrible screeching noise. He said don't use this anymore. He tried to open it up with the key and it wouldn't open at all. I told him I had a release inside the door and when I did that it worked fine and did not screech. He said "use that." So I am and so far it opens and closes and opens and closes and opens and closes without incident.

And I am sure I have duck tape somewhere, but I could not put my hands on it that morning.

1 comment:

Marcel said...

The redundantcy that is built into cars is a wonderful thing. When one thing does not work use it's redundant feature. My favorite redundancy is having a flat and being able to drive 25 miles on that flat. (Not on all cars though.)