OK, this is the third time I have started crying after seeing a girl out in public in pajama pants.
The only person in my life that would do such a thing is Megan. So when I see them I think of Megan and how I gave her a pair of pajama pants for Christmas. Then I think of Christmas and how it was the last time we had any real family time with mom. We opened presents and she was trying very hard to stay alert and to answer the silly Christmas trivia questions (even sick as she was she still got more right than me). She had the classic Van Houten problem of wanting us all to leave, but not wanting to miss anything. We made sure she didn't miss anything.
But I miss her like crazy. I miss her every minute. And pajama pants make me cry.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We all miss her and pray for her.
She even said that at one point that night.
I think it is odd that every time this week when I notice the screensaver on either of my computers, it is a picture of mom. It is starting to creep me out.
I don't think I know what pajama pants look like, must be a Northern thing.
Rita has told me on the phone how much she misses Paulette, and so has Jeanette by email. I miss her too, altho I didn't see as much of her as those two had. She was loved by many and is missed greatly.
They are those flannel or cotton long pants with an elastic waist that you wear to bed. Well.....not you... and not in Florida.
I just got back to this blog, and had to mention that I am surprised you have never seen pajama pants, Grandpa. I wear them in the cooler weather, but only to bed and around the house. I would NEVER wear them out; of course I am a minority since most college students around here enjoy wearing them to class. I guess I'm just so used to wearing a uniform to school that I don't like to "dress down." But a nice pair of jeans and a t-shirt are good enough.
Post a Comment