I got a lot done in the last few days at mom's. I have almost everything out of the basement; everything that is left will have to go on the truck. It took a long time to clean out the filing cabinet because we wanted to go through and read so many things. I took her copies of all the letters I used to send (the blog before the blog) and hopefully I will be able to scan them in and post them here sometime so that we can all have a blast from the past. I also cleaned out her computer desk and only left her the bare essentials. I tried to pack up the kitchen but I met with some resistance (I am going to need that), so that may have to be done on the 24th and 25th. Her new cabinets are up and they look great. Gretchen and I put in shelf liner on Thursday night so whenever the dishes come over they will have a place to live. There will have to be some tough decisions made since she has far fewer cupboards in the new place.
Mom also had two people come to look at the old place. The first woman came on Thursday night and did not seem impressed. But the guy that came today was great. He was maybe mid-50s and seemed unconcerned with any of the problem areas (I removed the changing table and there are big holes in the wall below the window now). He just said "I'm a pretty handy guy" and left it at that. He is the guy we are rooting for.
Saturday, December 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea! I'm so glad that you are there. I wish it was me too. There is a box going to Aunt Rita's--I wasn't sure Mom was getting mail. Jackson's present is ordered, but has not arrived and his birthday presents alas are still only in my head. I'll try to shake them out ASAP.
Post a Comment