Dear Mommy,
I am soooo packed. I am so packed my suitcase could walk to the airport now and I could just meet it there. When I "finished" packing the other night I had so much room left in my suitcase that I redid it all with my clothes on hangers--just like you used to do. Then, of course, I finished my last load of laundry last night and could hardly fit the last minute stuff into the suitcase. I am using your tapestry bag as my carry-on. That bag has been on so many trips with us, it is almost like family. It is not as big as my regular carry-on which is good because I won't over-pack it. Right now I just need to add my book and my iPod and it will be packed too.
I found some comfy walking shoes. Uncle Marcel was just right, I needed to go wider. I am bringing your black dress shoes. I have coveted those shoes for so long now, but they aren't nearly as comfortable as you made them look. Maybe it is because you did not have to walk too long in them. They have a hard leather sole. Why do they make hard shoes, I just don't understand. I want soft and comfy. I also have sandals and crocs. This is two more pairs of shoes than I usually take on vacation, but I think Adrienne has 6 pairs (but she needed two suitcases to pack).
We are so excited about this trip, we can hardly stand it. Adrienne has been in a lot of pain, but she got some scary shot yesterday that is supposed to make her all better. At least for a while. I also told her we were going to work out everyday on the boat so maybe that will get both of us back into a good routine.
Jan sent us our table assignments. We are sitting with Amy and Rosemary Allen. I need you here to remind me who everybody is. We also have to sit with "other people." You know how I feel about other people. I hate other people. Jan said that they lost 6 people from this trip, so they had a hard time filling the tables with just Holliday Park. Gene also sent a currency exchange card. Luckily, I am bring my human calculator with me.
I just can't, can't, can't believe that you aren't going to be there. I dream about you being there. Dreams so real that I can feel you there. I can feel your hand holding mine. I can feel you next to me. I don't do supernatural and I don't do mystical, but I can play pretend. So, I intend to pretend that you are there. That you are hold my hand and you are right next to me. Then we can talk later and say "Remember that time we went to Egypt? That was awesome!"
I love you and I miss you every minute of every day.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment