As days for sitting in a park all day watching music go, yesterday was above average. It rained some in the morning and even after we got to the park at around 2pm, but after that it remained overcast and the temperature only got to the mid 70s. Perfect. It was crowded though. Waaaay more crowded than the last time I came to this festival. I remember it as being only about half full during the day and then getting really crowded at night, but yesterday it was jam packed all day long.
For the first few bands we stayed close to the stages, but then we wandered back to get some food and we stayed closer to the back. Well, I stayed back in the back but Lyle walked up to the stages to see the bands he really wanted to see. This is 2 minutes of one of his walks:
About 10 seconds into this video that Lyle took while walking to the front to see Jarvis Cocker you can see the family that we sat behind for a little while. The youngest was 2 1/2. I don't know that I could do that. At about 1 minute in you can see the MUD. Lots and lots of mud. Any breaks in the crowd means that there is mud there otherwise it is wall to wall people.
We will be there again today. Lyle is going at around 2 and I will go later at around 5. Woo hoo!! It is supposed to be much hotter today so that will make it that much harder. I took the day off of work tomorrow so we will probably lounge in our room until check out time. Hopefully I will have time to do my last Chicago post then.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You did not say what park. I am guessing Grant Park, am I right?
There are monks in Tibet that have a better room than the one you have. Also, their pillows are larger. I will bet Adrianne's room was better.
Post a Comment