Monday, July 21, 2008

Chicago Day 3

I enjoyed my concert reprieve. I laid in the hotel room soaking up the air conditioning before heaing out to the metro station at around 3pm. I actually ran into a friend on the platform. He was not heading to Pitchfork (he had never even heard of Pitchfork), he was coming home from a trip to Germany, it was just a coincidence that we hit the metro platform at the same time.

DSC03467Anyway, we had a great time over the last three days. I really enjoy being in crowds, well, loosely in crowds. I like being in crowded places, people watching and being part of the action. I don't like being so close that your sweaty body is touching someone else's sweaty body. I really liked my chair for this because it gave me a natural personal-space zone without touching anyone. Lyle has promised to do an post with pictures and videos of the various bands that played at Pitchfork. I will give you random bullets of things that struck me as interesting.
  • Worst pair of shoes. On Friday night this was a tie between some suede, fringed, ankel mocasins and a pair of pink rain boots with hearts all over them. But, then on Saturday the rain boots so totally made sense that the mocasins won hands down.
  • Worst tattoo. "May the jaws of death have cotton teeth."
  • For some reason when men put on shorts they apparently need many extra pockets. Maybe it is because they are wearing a suit coat with all the secret boy pockets. Anyway, 90% of the male shorts on display were of a "cargo" variety.
  • I only need to see the smallest sliver of Lyle to recognize him.

1 comment:

Marcel said...

On tattos. The female body is so beautiful that any tatto on it is the worst.