I am grateful for girlfriends. I have several groups of girlfriends each of whom are very special to me. My sisters make up one very important group. Sometimes they snipe at each other, but they all seem to like me (which is one of the major requirements for being my girlfriend).

I have another group from highschool and we meet about once a month to have dinner together. It is fun to have a group that you can reminisce with and you still like each other now that you are grown.
I have another group in New Jersey that I hardly see, but they are always in my thoughts and I know I am in theirs.
And then, of course, I have a group here in IN that I see on a regular basis. Elaine and Rebecca and I have instituted a weekly lunch that is the usually the highlight of my week. It is a chance to relax and talk about absolutely anything going on in my life without being judged. They understand my life and my work and they truly care.
Without getting too sappy (against the rules, right?) since I lost my very best friend in the world last year I am very, very grateful to have all of these groups in my life.





No comments:
Post a Comment