S is for Snow.
I just don't have time to do an entire post on "simplicity" "sincerity" or "sensitivity."
We got about 5" of snow a few days ago and it is all gone. We are expecting 6-12" tonight and tomorrow and that is good news (I promise not to make you drive in it A!). A fresh layer of white on everything makes the world a very calm place. I know you get crazy drivers in the snow (you get them out of the snow too) but when you come out of the house at 6am and the world is covered in snow it is a special kind of quiet. It is beautiful, magical, and serene (another S). I could use a little serene.
Serenity NOW!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those of us living in Southern California love people who like snow. It keeps them from moving here.
I've got to agree with you on that one, Erika. I LOVE SNOW! We have flurries right now in Cincinnati, and I am in heaven! Being from the South, we don't see much of that stuff, only about 3-4 inches a year I would say. Here in Ohio, we get about a foot or two in the course of the winter, which is a major improvement for me! Nothing like what you have, but still pretty good, I must say.
Stepping out into a snow wonderland at 6 in the morning is an enchanting time; large, heavy snow flakes slowly drifting down to the thick white carpet, the special crunchy feel of the footprints made walking to the car. The errie silence of flakes gently touching down at the end of their journey. Stepping into a warm car and driving on a virgin road with nary a track.
Nah! I don't miss it.
You sure had me fooled.
Pat
Post a Comment