
W is for Windows (both literal and technological).
Boy, you snooze you lose, and I am not used to being the one snoozing. G totally stole my W (waterfalls) yesterday.
So I switched to windows (so to speak). I am grateful for actual, physical windows. I love being able to see nature and stuff from the comfort of my warm, cozy, house. Notice that this past weekend we did not have much luck in the window department in our hotel. The bottom part was obscured by the hotel and from looking at the top you can see why.
I am also grateful for Bill Gates' Windows. I am old enough to remember the days of DOS, when you could only have one program open at a time and it was sloooooooow. I am a multitasker at heart (as are sisters--I have three projects on Adrienne's temp desk here at my office this morning) and I just love being able to have multiple programs open. Right now I have 9 separate programs open on my computer (for a total of 11 windows), but I have been known to have many more. I use these programs all day long so there is no reason to close one in when you will just have to open it up again in an hour. And don't get me started on how much I love the tabs in the new Netscape! I have 4 of those as my homepage and I currently have 8 open.
No comments:
Post a Comment