Thursday, November 20, 2008

T Day

T is for Thanksgiving.

I love Thanksgiving. I actually hate the food part. I am not a big fan of turkey or fixins. I would be just as happy with pizza or even happier with spaghetti. I love the family part. I love it with a passion. I am grateful most for our tradition of going up north to the Soo.

We started this when EcnoTravel offered even better bus specials over the holiday to entice people to go. Mom and I would head up on the bus and get a room. Gretchen and Gordon would follow in their car and share our room. This way we had a car and could venture to other casinos while the others were stuck wherever the bus left them. We found that the casino was often empty on Thanksgiving day and if you went over to Canada on the Friday after Thanksgiving all of the silly Canadians are working (ha ha). Mostly, as has been mentioned during this thanks-giving marathon a number of times, we laugh! We laugh until we physically hurt and then we laugh some more. We gamble and we laugh. We soak in the hot tub and we laugh. We occassionally see a movie and even if it isn't funny we laugh. I think last year we saw some completely forgetable movie but we laughed ourselves silly at the sight of Adrienne in the very last row sitting on the top of the back of the chair--something about being more comfortable, but a pretty funny sight nonetheless. We are not above laughing at each others. We laughed at gimpy when he had a broken foot. We did wheelies with mommy when she was stuck in a wheelchair. We are never mean, but we are always, always funny. Even the gimpiest among us appreciate funny.

I am grateful that this years trip is only a week away.

Hello Donut!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I was thinking pothishinwa (spelled totally wrong) for wednesday but spaghetti is doable. A don't forget to bring a bathing suit, just in case.

And the movie was August Rush, actually it was the last movie I saw in a theater.

Marcel said...

Pate Chinois

Adrienne said...

I was thinking Long John Silver