Sunday, November 09, 2008

I Day

I is for iPhone.

DSC01174Some people hate the very idea of cell phones, let alone one that will let you check your email and the web in an instant. They don't like being always available, they want to check out.

I LOVE being always available. I love not being tied to my desk or home waiting for a phone call or an email. I love being reachable.

I have had a cell phone for many years now. For the first five or so it lived in the car for "emergencies." When I was pregnant with Jackson it became just that little bit more vital and Lyle broke down and got one too. Now we both have iPhones and we use the hell out of them. I can stay away from the office for an extra hour because I know they will contact me if I am needed. I can check my email while waiting in line at the grocery store. I can twitter my every move while hiking in the woods. I don't see this as a device that ties me down, I see it as a devise that frees me up. And I am very grateful for that.

No comments: